Skip Navigation

~~Frequently Asked Questions~~

1. When does probation start and how long do I have to complete conditions?
Probation starts the day you accept your plea.  The probation officer will discuss how long you have to complete the conditions.

2.  If I don’t complete my conditions by my completion deadline, can I have my probation extended?
Possibly; however you will have to go through the Violation of Probation process first to have your request considered.

 3.  Are probation fees included in the court costs/fines/fees?
No.  Probation supervision fees are not included in court cost & fines.  Court cost information can be addressed with the Clerk of Court at 850-577-4100.

 4.  What forms of payment are accepted?
Our office accepts cash, cashier’s check, or money orders. NO PERSONAL CHECKS are accepted.  Our office is unable to give change, however it can be applied to future fees or other fees that you may owe.

 5.  Who do I pay restitution to?
Our office collects restitution as we.  Also, keep in mind there is an extra $3.50 fee to process the payment and send to the victim by certified mail. The payment can be combined with any other probation related fee and money order should be made payable to Leon County.

 6.  What is the difference between reporting and non-reporting (administrative) probation?
Reporting probation means you must physically report to your probation officer at each appointment.  Non-Reporting/Administrative probation means reporting will be done by mail however, if there are outstanding conditions to complete, you must continue to report in person until they have been satisfied.  Supervision fees are the same for both types of supervision.

 7.  What happens if a Violation of Probation is filed in my case?
If the probation officer files an affidavit alleging that you have violated your probation, a warrant will be issued for your arrest.  Once the warrant is issued, you may be arrested by any law enforcement officer and held in jail until you are brought before a judge.  It is the defendant’s responsibility to complete any outstanding conditions as soon as possible.  It may be possible that a Notice of Compliance can be filed terminating probation if all of the conditions have been satisfied. 

 8.  If I am unable to reach my probation officer, who can I contact?
You may ask for assistance from any other staff person. 

 9.  Where can I go to take my alcohol/drug tests and what are the hours of operation?
 The Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.  They are located at 501 Appleyard Dr. and are open Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm. All after hours, weekend, and holiday testing will be done at the Leon County Jail. After hours during the week you may report to the Jail from 7 pm to 9 pm and all holidays and weekends the testing takes place between 1 pm to 5 pm.

 10.  Can I travel while on probation?
Yes, however there is certain information your officer will need PRIOR to you leaving town.


Should you have any further questions, please contact your probation officer and they will be happy to assist you!