Records are not available to view online.
Tips on Records
- Leon County Development Support and Environmental Management began keeping residential plans on file in 2002; there are no residential plan records on file prior to this date.
- The Florida Building Code was adopted in March of 1973, and therefore, no building-related documents are available prior to this date.
- For a list of definitions for the prefixes on DSEM permit numbers, click here.
- For septic tank records requests, please call the Leon County Health Department at (850) 895-8360.
Public Records Request
- To submit a Public Records Request for properties that are outside of City of Tallahassee limits, please send an email to Records that includes the address or parcel ID number and the specific records you are requesting.
- To request commercial floor plans that fall under the following exempt status, please complete the Leon County Exempt Documents Distribution Form and email to Records.
- 119.071 General exemptions from inspection or copying of public records.
- 1.Building plans, blueprints, schematic drawings, and diagrams, including draft, preliminary, and final formats, which depict the internal layout and structural elements of a building, arena, stadium, water treatment facility, or other structure owned or operated by an agency are exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution.
- 2.This exemption applies to building plans, blueprints, schematic drawings, and diagrams, including draft, preliminary, and final formats, which depict the internal layout and structural elements of a building, arena, stadium, water treatment facility, or other structure owned or operated by an agency before, on, or after the effective date of this act.
- 3.Information made exempt by this paragraph may be disclosed: a. To another governmental entity if disclosure is necessary for the receiving entity to perform its duties and responsibilities; b. To a licensed architect, engineer, or contractor who is performing work on or related to the building, arena, stadium, water treatment facility, or other structure owned or operated by an agency; or c. Upon a showing of good cause before a court of competent jurisdiction.
- 4.The entities or persons receiving such information shall maintain the exempt status of the information. (c)
Open or Expired Building Permits
- Lien Searches provides for the research of open or expired building permit requests. There is a $90 fee for this service.
Certificate of Completion and Certificate of Occupancy
- Email all Certificate of Completion and Certificate of Occupancy requests to DSEM_Records@leoncountyfl.gov. Include the permit number and address or parcel ID number for the subject site.
Leon County Extension or Reissuance Request
If your permit has expired or is nearing expiration, please fill out the Leon County Permit Extension Request form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received, the Building Official will review and provide a determination. If the request is approved, a $90 fee will be assessed. Please note that this process may take up to two business days.
- NOTE: You must provide an explanation showing how circumstances beyond the control of the applicant prevented action from being taken to obtain approval before expiration.