Records are not available to view online.
Tips on Records
- Leon County Development Support and Environmental Management did not start keeping residential plans for our Records until 2002.
- The Florida Building Code did not go into effect until March of 1973. Having stated this, documents do not exist prior to this date.
- To understand what the prefixes mean on the permit numbers, click here.
- For septic tank locations, please call the Leon County Health Department at (850) 895-8360.
Public Records Request
- To submit a Public Records Request for properties that are outside of City of Tallahassee limits, please send an email to Records with the address or parcel ID.
- To request Commercial floor plans that fall under the following exempt status, please complete the Leon County Exempt Documents Distribution Form.
- 119.071 General exemptions from inspection or copying of public records.
- 1.Building plans, blueprints, schematic drawings, and diagrams, including draft, preliminary, and final formats, which depict the internal layout and structural elements of a building, arena, stadium, water treatment facility, or other structure owned or operated by an agency are exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution.
- 2.This exemption applies to building plans, blueprints, schematic drawings, and diagrams, including draft, preliminary, and final formats, which depict the internal layout and structural elements of a building, arena, stadium, water treatment facility, or other structure owned or operated by an agency before, on, or after the effective date of this act.
- 3.Information made exempt by this paragraph may be disclosed: a. To another governmental entity if disclosure is necessary for the receiving entity to perform its duties and responsibilities; b. To a licensed architect, engineer, or contractor who is performing work on or related to the building, arena, stadium, water treatment facility, or other structure owned or operated by an agency; or c. Upon a showing of good cause before a court of competent jurisdiction.
- 4.The entities or persons receiving such information shall maintain the exempt status of the information. (c)
Open or Expired Building Permits
- Lien Searches provides for the research of open or expired building permit requests. There is a $90 fee for this service.
Certificate of Completion and Certificate of Occupancy
- Email all Certificate of Completion and Certificate of Occupancy requests to the email below.
Please email all request or Records questions to DSEM_Records@leoncountyfl.gov.
Leon County Extension or Reissuance Request
If your permit has expired or is about to expire, fill out the Leon County Permit Extension Request Form completely and return to email@example.com. Once received , Records will notify you that we have received your request. Once the Building Official has reviewed your request, Records will notify you of his determination. This process may up to two business days.
NOTE: You must provide an explanation showing how circumstances beyond the control of the applicant prevented action from being taken to obtain approval before expiration.