Division staff also oversee the Abandoned Property Registration Program, which protects neighborhoods from becoming blighted through distressed and abandoned properties with mortgages in default.
Staff also assists with the implementation of the Refueling Assistance for Persons with Disabilities Ordinance, which ensures that gas stations provide equal access to persons with disabilities in refueling their vehicles.
Code Compliance Services staff also ensure implementation of the "Gun Show Loophole" Ordinance that requires a mandatory criminal background check and a three day waiting period on all firearm sales conducted on property accessible to the public.
Did you know?
- You can check the status of current code compliance cases by clicking here.
- DSEM staff is available to meet with Homeowners and Neighborhood Associations periodically to address code enforcement topics.
- To safeguard property owners, staff verifies contractors’ and subcontractors’ licenses to ensure all appropriate licenses, workers compensation and general liability are current before issuing permits.
- The Street Name Addressing Guide (SNAG) provides active street names, as well as rescinded street names, and identifies duplicate street names from both The City of Tallahassee & Leon County.
- The Leon County Addressing Unit is responsible for the naming of all streets in the incorporated and unincorporated areas of Leon County. For map and location information regarding street names, please see “The Street Naming Notification Informational Packets” which consist of new, rescinded, or street name changes.
For more information not shown on this page, please contact our office at 850-606-1300 and ask for the Service Advisor for Code Compliance Services.