Skip to content

Rural Waste Service Centers

For more information call (850) 606-1824.

The centers are located at the following locations:

Solid Waste Facility

7550 Apalachee Pkwy
Mon - Sat 8am-5pm
(850) 606-1800


549 Henry Jones Rd
Fri 9am-6pm
Sat, Sun 9am-5pm
(850) 488-9099

Ft Braden

2485 East Joe Thomas Rd
Fri 9am-6pm
Sat, Sun 9am-5pm
(850) 488-9119


13051 Miccosukee Rd
Fri 9am-6pm
Sat, Sun 9am-5pm
(850) 922-0097

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I elect to subscribe to curbside collection?

All Leon County residents may subscribe to curbside collection through Waste Pro. Services include weekly garbage and recycle collection, yard debris pick up, and bulky items pick up. Call Waste Pro at 606-1899 to learn more.

Can I bring recycling, household hazardous waste, and electronics to the Waste Center?

Leon County strongly supports responsible disposal of waste. Recycling, household hazardous waste, and electronics are accepted at no charge for Leon County residents.

Do I have access to free mulch?

When available, free mulch is accessible to both City and County residents at the Solid Waste Management Facility 7550 Apalachee Parkway.

I do not live in Unincorporated Leon County; may I use the Center?

At this time, only residents of unincorporated Leon County are permitted to use the Waste Centers.

I only live in Leon County part-time and my driver’s license is not from Leon County. May I use the Center?

Full- or part-time residents of Unincorporated Leon County may use the Waste Center. Proof of residency, such as a utility bill or lease agreement in your name, will be required to obtain an account.

How do I establish an account?

An account can be created by visiting your Waste Center where the attendant will view your driver’s license, utility bill, or property tax documentation to validate that you live in unincorporated Leon County.

I have multiple family members who may drop off garbage from my household; do we each have a separate account?

Multiple driver’s licenses can be issued to a single household account. You must, however, live at the same address.

Rural Waste Service Centers are designated locations for residents living in unincorporated Leon County to drop off their household garbage, recycling, yard debris, bulky and white items, and limited household hazardous waste.

Please have all waste separated as follows before you arrive at the Waste Service Center: Household Garbage, Yard Debris, Small Household Items, Bulk Items, Recycling, and Household Hazardous Waste. For more information call (850) 606-1824.

Waste disposal is limited to one level pickup truck load or equivalent, per customer, per day.

Waste Items Accepted

  • Household Garbage such as kitchen waste. 
  • Yard Debris such as leaves, grass clippings and tree limbs.  
  • Small Household Items such as old toys. 
  • Bulk Items such as refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, washers, dryers, window a/c units, furniture, mattresses (2 white goods or bulky items per trip).
  • Tires - up to 4 tires are accepted
  • Recyclables - please see Recycling
  • LIMITED Household Hazardous Waste - call (850) 606-1803 for information about disposal of used motor oil, paints, fuels, solvents, pesticides, corrosives, etc.

Featured Video

2023 Annual Report Video 4:12