Skip Navigation

 

Old St. Augustine Road

 

Located southeast of downtown Tallahassee, this road dates back to the 1600's when it linked Spanish missions from here to St. Augustine. There is now no trace of the 17th century Franciscan mission or the Indian council house along the road, but its scenic beauty persists to this day. Old St. Augustine Road was the first highway built in Florida. It was completed in the 1820's and followed an old Indian footpath which had become the 'Spanish Trail' connecting Pensacola to St. Augustine, prior to American settlement. 

  Images of Old St. Augustine Road

Leon County Public Works
2280 Miccosukee Road
Tallahassee, Fl 32308

Operations:
Phone: 850-606-1400
Fax: 850-606-1401