Skip Navigation

 

Leon County

 


               
 

Pisgah Church Road

The settlement history of Pisgah Church Road begins with the Methodist missionary circuit riders who first held services near Centerville, Florida in 1822. Centerville was just west of the current intersection of Pisgah Church Road and Bradfordville Road. During the Seminole Wars in 1839 a patrol station at Centerville was very active in protecting white settlers from raids by Native Americans. By 1848, Centerville had a post office, dry goods store, and a livery stable. Pisgah Church Road was probably built when Pisgah Church was established, but it is not documented clearly until 1883 on a map published that year.

Images of Pisgah Church Road
Click on the Picture for a Larger Image

 
Click Here for a Photo Gallery of all these Pictures

Leon County Public Works
2280 Miccosukee Road
Tallahassee, Fl 32308

Operations:
Phone: 850-606-1400
Fax: 850-606-1401