Florida Volunteer Administration Certificate
The Florida Volunteer Administration Certificate Program is a partnership among the Florida Association of Volunteer Resource Managers, Volunteer Centers, Volunteer Florida and the Points of Light Foundation. The intent of the program is to build the capacity of local volunteer administrators across the state of Florida by providing accessible, affordable and high quality training. Volunteer LEON's Presentation Team has more than 100 years of experience in volunteer management and volunteer coordination. Since the program's inception in 2004, 180 graduates have benefited from the instructional hours from our local experts to help build capacity to manage volunteers. The Excellence in Volunteer Management Training Series is a sequence of six courses on organizing and implementing a volunteer program in a nonprofit or government organization. The topics of the six courses that comprise the series are:
- Evaluating Your Volunteer Program: Improving Results Through Data & Feedback
- Understanding Volunteering: Exploring the Heart of the Volunteer Sector
- Planning Your Volunteer Program: Building a Solid Foundation
- Recruiting and Placing Volunteers: Matching Volunteer Skills with Service Needs
- Orienting and Training Volunteers: Achieving Service Excellence
- Supervising Volunteers: Maximizing the Volunteer Experience
Who should participate?
Volunteer coordinators, volunteer program managers, and anyone who has responsibility for supervising volunteers.
- Participant workbook, handouts & resources
- Individual & group learning activities
- Qualified instructors with industry experience
- Opportunities to interact with colleagues from other organizations
When: January 24 - 26, 2018 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Leon County Community Room 918 Railroad Avenue Tallahassee, FL 32310
Cost: $150 for the series of 6 courses participation in all six courses is required
Apply: To download the 2018 registration form click Here To download the Certificate Program Overview click Here.