Bid Notification Process
The Purchasing Division utilizes three methods of bid notification: Legal notices in the newspaper, the Leon County Website, and DemandStar.com. Leon County does not maintain an in-house vendor notification system nor require prior registration of vendors.
All current bids and requests for proposals are listed on the County Website. In addition, notice of each solicitation is published in the legal notices of the Tallahassee Democrat. All solicitations packages are available through the Purchasing Division by either e-mail, vendor pick-up, U.S. Mail, or express shipping (at vendor's expense). Some packages do have a non-refundable cost (usually those that are construction related) while most are free of charge.
The Purchasing Division of Leon County utilizes Demandstar.com to provide current information to potential suppliers, contractors, consultants, and other vendors. The Demandstar.com system is a value-added subscription service that provides vendors with the capability to download bid documents and secure bid information over the internet. Demandstar.com allows you to receive the information quickly, at your convenience, whenever and wherever you choose, 24 hours a day, seven days a week; all you need is an internet-connected computer. Although the Purchasing Division office hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, the DemandStar.com system is never closed. You can contact the DemandStar.com System at email@example.com or 1-800-711-1712.
Who may want to subscribe to this system?
- Individuals and businesses wanting to become a vendor or supplier for Leon County
- Established vendors who need to update their information to remain competitive
- Vendors who want to obtain copies of Bids and Request For Proposals (RFPs)
- Vendors who want to know the status of Bids and RFPs
- Vendors who want to find current Leon County Purchasing Division agenda items for the Board of County Commissioners
- Vendors who need detailed information about Leon County's Purchasing Code and Procedures
What type of information is available on the system?
Legal advertisements, mail order request forms, bid/RFP addendum, bid tabulation sheets and vendor pick up lists are available along with the following:
- Current Procurement Listings
- Formal Contracts and Construction Bids
- Planholder Lists
- Continuing Supply Bids
- Annual Bids for Goods or Services
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Professional Services Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Bid/RFP Status Information
Questions or Comments:
Purchasing Division Warehouse
1800-3 Blair Stone Road 1800-3 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32308 Tallahassee, FL 32308
850-606-1601 - Fax 850-606-1603 - Fax
800-711-1712 - DemandStar.com™