Congratulations to our 2020 winners!
Childrens Category: Cora
Teen Category: JDC Group 2
Adult Category: Manna R.
Peoples' Choice: Naomi
Sugar and spice and all things nice are in store for the LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library’s 2020 Gingerbread House Competition!
All ages can submit photos of their gingerbread house creations to compete and taste the sweetness of victory.
Check out our Gingerbread recipe and template for ideas!
Read the COCA featured article about the 2020 Gingerbread House Competition!
Each winner in the adult, teen, child and People's Choice categories will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. Kits are welcome!
1. Please submit a photo of your house by Sunday, December 6th using the form below.
2. Placards included in the Gingerbread House Grab Bag with the participant's name MUST be visible in the submitted photo. Placards are also available for print-out below.
3. All pieces of the gingerbread house must be 100% edible.
Gingerbread Grab Bags:
Free Gingerbread House Grab Bags will be available for pickup at the location of choice beginning Tuesday, November 10th. Register for a Grab Bag below.
Grab Bags include:
1. Competition Rules
2. Placard for participant to include in submission photo
3. Gingerbread and Royal Icing Recipes
4. Bookmarks and Stickers
5. Gingerbread person crafting activity
*Winners will be announced on Saturday, December 12th. They will be notified via phone or email. All prizes must be picked up at a Leon County Public Library location.
A big thank you to our judges: Kristin Dozier, Leon County Commissioner, Amanda Thompson, Assistant Director and Education & Exhibits Manager of COCA, and Chef Leon Brunson of Kool Beanz.
*Please note that photos will be posted online for the People's Choice Awards and on our Social Media.
Come one, come all to create edible houses big and small at the LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library Gingerbread House Competition!