The Library System operates extended services for county residents who may have difficulty getting to a library.
Senior Resident Centers Schedule
Extended services are provided to select senior residential centers.
- Current stops include Casa Calderon; Kenwood Place; Brookestone Senior Residences; Lake Ella Manor; Oakridge Village; Jamestown Woods; Miccosukee Hills Apartments; and Westminster Gardens.
- A “book hauler”, a special truck, is used to transport fully loaded carts of books, audio books, DVDs and other items.
- The carts are set up in common areas with residential staff oversight.
- Library staff assists residents in selecting and borrowing items and processes requests for future visits.
Maintaining scheduled visits is a priority. However, book hauler visits may be postponed or canceled due to severe weather or mechanical failure.
- Extended Services staff will notify patrons as soon as possible.
- Alternative arrangements may be offered.
- Overdue fines will be waived until the conclusion of the next scheduled visit.
For more information, e-mail Sharhonda Williams [WilliamsSh@LeonCountyFL.gov] or call (850) 606-2676.