Friends of the Leon County Public Library
The Friends of the Leon County Public Library is accepting donations of gently used books, DVDs, and other items at all library locations. See all Library locations and hours.
Questions? Please contact:
Leon County Main Library Friendshop
200 W. Park Ave.
Tallahassee FL 32301
Proceeds from the sale of these items are used to fund new library materials and services.
Leon County Public Library
Thank you for your interest in submitting a donation to the LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library System. The library accepts donations that support and further the mission, goals, and objectives of the library. All donated items will be subject to the library’s collection development guidelines. The collection development team will assess each donated item for adherence to the following guidelines.
These criteria serve as guidelines for determining whether donated materials will be added to the library collection:
- Only new copies will be considered for addition to the collection. All donations of previously used material will be directed to the Friends of the Library.
- Accepted donations must be copies of titles that are available through the library’s contracted vendors.
- Preference will be given to titles that are reviewed in mainstream media sources, and/or in professional library and academic publications.
- All donated copies that are accepted for addition to the library’s collection will be subject to the library’s regular weeding practices.
- Donated copies that are not selected for addition to the library’s collection will not be returned to the donor. They will be directed to the Friends of the Library.
Library of Things: Donations will not be accepted for the Library of Things equipment checkout.
Local Author Collection Guidelines
Tallahassee, Florida, and the Big Bend region are home to many talented writers. The local author collection supports and encourages local writers in content creation and community engagement, enhancing the collection to reflect our community. To make your work accessible to the entire community please consider our criteria.
If you would like to have your book considered for addition to the local author collection, please review the following guidelines:
- Authors who recommend their own work for addition to the library’s collection will be encouraged to donate one copy of any title they wish to have considered, which will be evaluated according to the library’s collection development guidelines.
- Local authors are those who reside in Tallahassee and the Big Bend Region, including Leon, Gadsden, Liberty, Grady, Jefferson, Wakulla, and Thomas counties.
- All books must be approved by the Local Author selection team before being added to the collection.
- Appropriateness of format (textbooks and pamphlets will not be accepted), relevance to the Leon County community, subject, style, content level of intended audience, professional reviews, quality of writing, and production will all be considered.
If accepted, the submitted copy will be added to the library’s collection, and a local note will be added to the catalog.
Please fill out and sign this required form for your book to be considered for the Local Author Collection. Parental or guardian consent is required if the author is under the age of 18. Submit this form along with a donated copy of your book to LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library or send to:
Leon County Public Library, Collection Services
200 West Park Ave.
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Local Author Submission Form