Table of Contents
LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library System libraries will be open to the public at 50% capacity for essential services.
Patrons will have 1 hour per day inside the library.
At the LeRoy Collins Leon County Main Library, patrons will enter only from the Call Street entrance (same side as the large parking lot).
Masks or other face coverings are required upon entering all libraries per Leon County Ordinance.
Other services in effect since Phase 1 will continue.
What services does the library currently offer during Phase 2?
- Browse the library shelves; select items and/or pick up items already placed on hold
- Self-checkout is strongly encouraged where available
- Library computers are available for one hour per person per day at physically distanced terminals
- Curbside pick-up of items on hold, including books, magazines, DVDs and CDs
- Free Wi-Fi access from your car and from inside the library
- Information services and Technology help by phone and e-mail
Due to ongoing roof repairs, the Eastside Branch of the LeRoy Collins Leon County Library System will be closed periodically to ensure the safety of patrons and employees. Please visit our Facebook page or call us for updates on Eastside Branch's hours and services. We apologize for the disruption in service.
What are the hours of operation for curbside and telephone services?
Curbside services will not be available after 6:00 p.m., and during inclement weather.
How do I place holds on an item?
- Use the online catalog through the Library web site or Library app and sign into your library account using your library card number and pin. Once you are signed in, use the online catalog to search for your title. When you have found your item, select hold and choose the pick-up location.
- Call any library to request staff assistance in placing holds.
How do I know when my items are ready for pickup?
- Item hold requests are reviewed the following business day after submission. The turnaround time can vary greatly, especially if the item is currently checked out to someone else or is on the shelf at another library. "Holds" are a priority for the staff every day; we get them ready as quickly as possible. Once the item has been removed from the shelf by a library staff member and processed for you, an alert will be sent to your preferred method of communication (email, text or phone call) listed on your account. To check your preferred method of communication, sign into your account and check preferences
Where do I pickup my holds?
- Please come to the library location listed in your confirmation message.
Where do I go when I arrive for curbside pickup?
- Park in designated parking spaces.
- Designated parking spaces will have signs
What do I do once I’ve parked for curbside pickup?
- Call the posted phone number to advise Library staff of your arrival.
- PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE. You will be asked to show your library card, bar code from the mobile app, or drivers’ license through your closed window. This will help verify we are delivering to the right person.
- Open your trunk from inside the vehicle if possible. If not, Library staff will leave materials near your vehicle. Please get them after staff walks away.
Can I walk or bike up to pick up my holds?
- Please call the Library ahead of time to make arrangements with staff.
Can I pickup holds when it is raining or storming when I arrive at the library?
- For the safety of our patrons and staff, curbside pickup may be on hold during inclement weather. Please call ahead of time to ensure we can provide curbside service at the time of your arrival.
Where should I return my items?
- For the safety of everyone -- All returns must be placed in the drop box.
- Staff cannot take items from you when you pick up holds.
- Please call staff members in advance, if you have items that cannot fit in the book returns drop box, such as book club bags, hot spots and telescopes, so they can be safely returned.
Why am I not getting some of my notices?
- Renewal and nearly due notices were being automatically sent for items that had already been returned and were in quarantine before being checked in, so notices have been temporarily suspended.
How are you ensuring my items are safe to handle?
- All returned items will be quarantined for 4 days before becoming available again to ensure that possible contamination from the Coronavirus does not occur.
Can I pay my fine or the fee for my nonresident card at the library?
- Credit card payments may be made online from a library computer or remotely. We cannot accept cash at this time. Please call or ask for assistance at the library.
Can I use the computer at the library?
- Beginning June 5, patrons can use public computers and printing for 1 hour per day.
Can I use WiFi?
- WiFi access is available inside the library and in all library parking lots.
To access WiFi:
- Turn on WiFi on your device
- Choose 'Free Library WiFi'
- A web page will open with our terms. Click the 'Accept' button and you will then be connected to our WiFi.
Can I browse for items?
- Beginning June 5, patrons can be in the library for up to 1 hour to browse and pick up holds. Curbside pickup is still available and encouraged.
Can I use the community rooms or hold a meeting at the library?
- All seating (except computer terminals) and community rooms remain closed.
Will the Libraries be hosting events in-person?
- In person Library programming (Baby Time, book clubs etc.) remains suspended.
- We continue to host a wide variety of virtual events for all ages online. Explore events here
Can I donate items at this time?
We regret that donations of new or used books, movies and other items cannot be accepted at this time. Please donate materials to the Friends of the Library at these locations.
We must quarantine all returned materials for 4 days; with the quantities that will be coming in, we cannot currently accept both library returns and donations.
Information and technology assistance continue by phone and e-mail
Limited assistance may be provided in person within social distancing guidelines.
Call any library location or send an e-mail to AnswerSquad@leoncountyfl.gov