Leon County Launches Library Summer Programming for All Ages
Leon County Government announces summer programming for all ages at the LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library System. Throughout June and July, entertaining and educational summer programming will focus on the theme “All Together Now,” celebrating the diverse programs and services available at the library. Attendees can enjoy exciting performances, games, crafts, scavenger hunts, animal visits, reading challenges, and more at all library locations.
In addition to events, individuals and families can join our summer reading challenge on Beanstack to track their great summer reads. Participate in the summer reading challenge or attend a program for a chance to win exciting prizes.
Upcoming summer programming includes:
- All Together Now Summer Kickoff – Celebrate the start of summer programming with youth crafts and games. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Magic Reading Show with Phil Meyer – Magician Phil Meyer will wow the audience with amazing magic and gut-busting comedy for all ages. This show is designed to motivate kids to visit the library more often, take advantage of the many resources available, and read.
- Storytelling for Families with Linda Schuyler Ford – Dive into the world of stories with storyteller Linda Schuyler Ford. Families will experience interactive stories that touch on the related themes of friendship, community connection, and working and playing together.
- African Drum Musical Performances with William Yazid Johnson – Awaken your inner musician with William Yazid Johnson. Enjoy a soulful presentation and learn how to play the African drums.
- Floridingers Story Time – Enjoy a 3D blacklight reading of the children’s picture book "Floridingers Go to Swamp Fest," featuring make-believe hybrid critters. Attendees will invent their own Floridinger with paint and blacklights.
- Southern Shakespeare Company’s Shakespeare Collage – The Southern Shakespeare Company will perform scenes, soliloquies, speeches, sonnets, and songs from various Shakespeare works, including “Henry V,” “As You Like It,” “Macbeth,” “Richard III,” “A Midsummer Night's Dream,” and more.
- A Sky Full of Stories with the Florida Public Archaeology Network – Join the Florida Public Archaeology Network and learn about how cultures from around the world looked at the stars and often saw the same or similar shapes. This program includes a reading of "Follow the Drinking Gourd" by Jeanette Winter and activities for kids.
For a complete list of summer programming, visit LeonCountyLibrary.org/SummerPrograms.
For more information, contact Sally Mason, Learning & Workforce Services Manager, at (850) 606-2617 / MasonSa@LeonCountyFL.gov or Leon County Community and Media Relations at (850) 606-5300 / CMR@LeonCountyFL.gov.