Leon County Extends Closure of Libraries, Community Centers and Active Park Recreation Facilities
Leon County Government, in line with the State of Florida’s closure of schools until April 15, will extend the closure of the following County facilities until April 15, as well:
- Leon County Main Library and all County branch library locations
- All County Community Centers
- All County pavilions and event space rentals
- All County active park recreation facilities (baseball, soccer, etc.), meaning Little League activities are suspended until Wednesday, April 15 at the earliest.
All passive park recreation sites, such as greenways, trails, and other outdoor hiking, shall remain open to the public. Consistent with CDC guidance, outdoor recreation does not require close social contact and may still occur.
For County libraries:
- All late fees will be suspended and due dates will be extended during the closure period.
- Leon County libraries will continue to offer many different e-book and online offerings at www.LeonCountyLibrary.org .
- Library staff at the main library will continue to answer the phone during normal business hours at (850) 606-2665. Staff will be available to assist customers with reference questions or other technical assistance.
- All library locations will be thoroughly sanitized before reopening.
For County community centers and any other space rentals:
Consistent with Florida State Parks, all County campgrounds will close effective Friday, March 20 at 5 p.m. All reservations for days past that time will be fully refunded. Effectively immediately, no new reservations at County campgrounds will be accepted in preparation for the closure. All County passive parks and trails remain open to the public, and all bathroom facilities will continue to be aggressively cleaned according to the latest Center for Disease Control guidance. During normal business hours, Parks and Recreation can be reached at (850) 606-1470.
At this time, everyone should remain informed about COVID-19. To assist, the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) has activated a 24/7 COVID-19 call center at (866) 779-6121. Leon County residents can also call the County Health Department at (850) 404-6300, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Also, the best resource for Florida-specific COVID-19 information remains the following FDOH website: www.FLHealth.gov/COVID-19 .
Also, the most up-to-date critical information from the Emergency Operations Center can be found on the County's Emergency Information Portal at www.LeonCountyFL.gov/EI .
Link to original article