May 22, 2020
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread globally, Leon County Emergency Management is committed to actively monitoring the disease and coordinating preparedness efforts with local health officials, healthcare providers, first responders, and other critical emergency response functions.
The following update provides a timely, accurate, and vetted source of official County and community information.
Significant Changes Since Last Update
- Leon County publishes COVID-19 Response and Re-opening Plan. The Plan provides a framework and guidance for the community to both navigate and plan for the phases of reopening in a manner that minimizes the risk of resurgence and protects the most vulnerable from COVID-19. Click here to view the plan.
- The American Red Cross is offering a Virtual Family Assistance Center to support families struggling with loss and grief. Individuals can access a support hub with special virtual programs, information, referrals and other services to support families in need. More here.
- FAMU COVID-19 Testing Site extends operation through June 1. The testing site at Bragg Memorial Stadium will continue in operation until at least through May 21 and may be extended longer on a weekly basis. No physician referral needed. More here.
- Mental health support provided by 2-1-1 Big Bend. 2-1-1 Big Bend is available 24 hours a day to listen and provide emotional support, crisis counseling, suicide prevention and information/referrals. More here.
- COVID-19 by the Numbers. Global cases of COVID-19 now surpass 5 million. According to the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) there are 329 positive cases of COVID-19 in Leon County. In Florida, there are now 49,451 positive cases of COVID-19, and 2,190 COVID-19-related deaths. These numbers are updated regularly by FDOH; visit the dashboard for more detailed information, here.
Click below to access more COVID-19 information:
As you may have noticed, we are no longer including the entire community update in this message. Instead, we have organized all of the information from previous community updates in a COVID-19 Information Portal. Below you will find the content available on the portal.
Continue to follow www.LeonCountyFL.gov/eip for any local updates or changes to services.
Link to original article