Leon County and Goodwill Industries to Distribute Free Tarps
at Stores in Community
Leon County Government and Goodwill Industries -- Big Bend, Inc. will distribute free tarps to households at five different Goodwill store locations across the community beginning Tuesday, October 16. The tarps provide temporary covering of plastic sheeting to help reduce further damage to property until permanent repairs can be made.
Tarps will be made available at the following locations and will be limited to two tarps per family:
- North Monroe - 2578 North Monroe St., Tallahassee, FL 32303
- Apalachee Parkway - 2309 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Capital Circle - 2734 Capital Circle, Tallahassee, FL 32308
- Pensacola St. - 2551 W. Pensacola St., Tallahassee, FL 32304
- Bradfordville - 6810 Thomasville Road, Tallahassee, FL 32312
All Goodwill Industries stores will open at 9 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Distribution will occur near the donations drop-off center at each site.
For some tips on how to use a temporary roof tarp, see this Lowe's how-to guide.
Please note, emergency repair is only a temporary fix. Final repair is best left to someone who has the equipment and skill to do it safely and permanently.
As a reminder, Leon County Government has waived permit fees to rebuild and repair after Hurricane Michael. To learn more, call Leon County Development Support and Environmental Management at (850) 606-1300 / www.LeonPermits.org .
Link to original article