FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 26, 2022
County Hosts Spring Home Expo with Home Maintenance Workshops and Demonstrations
||Leon County Government
||Spring Home Expo
||Saturday, April 30 from 1-4 p.m.
Join Leon County Government for the Spring Home Expo on Saturday, April 30 from 1-4 p.m. at 615 Paul Russell Road. Home buyers, owners, and renters are invited to attend workshops and do-it-yourself demonstrations led by local experts about topics including home buying and owning, home improvement, preparing your home for a disaster, and more. Local organizations and experts will also provide resources about financing the purchase and maintenance of a home, homeowners’ insurance, sustainable living, and more.
Spring Home Expo workshops and demonstrations include:
- The Dos & Don’ts of Home Buying and Owning with the Tallahassee Lenders’ Consortium
- Heir Property with Legal Services of North Florida
- Greening Your Home with the Leon County Office of Sustainability
- DIY – Maintain Your Septic System with Brian Miller of Brian’s Septic Service
- Gardening at Home with the Leon County Cooperative Extension
- Build a Disaster Bucket with Leon County Volunteer Services and Community and Media Relations
Attendees are also encouraged to explore the sustainability features maintained by the UF/IFAS Leon County Extension, including solar panels, rainwater cisterns, and a geothermal unit.
To register for this free event, visit LeonCountyFL.gov/HomeExpo.
Lunch will be served, and the Leon County Division of Housing Services will raffle off great giveaways to spruce up your home at the end of the event.
For more information, contact Shington Lamy, Office of Leon County Human Services and Community Partnerships, at (850) 606-1900 / LamyS@LeonCountyFL.gov or Mathieu Cavell, Leon County Community and Media Relations, at (850) 606-5300 / CMR@LeonCountyFL.gov.