For information regarding Safe Start Leon County Schools Reopening Plan and the current academic year, visit www.leonschools.net
- FAMU and FSU reopening plans were approved. The Florida Board of Governors approved the reopening plans for both universities in Tallahassee. Click hereto read FAMU’s reopening plan. Click here to read FSU’s reopening plan.
- Band Camps suspended for the 2020-2021 academic year.
On Monday July 6, high school principals, band directors, and district
personnel met to discuss the safety of
Marching Band Camps for the 2020-2021 school year. During this meeting,
the participants of this agreed to
suspend all band camps for the 2020-2021 academic year.
As of now, this decision only impacts summer camps and does not include
regularly scheduled rehearsals that
occur after the start of the school year. As of now, this decision only
impacts summer camps and does not include regularly scheduled rehearsals
occur after the start of the school year.
- Leon County Schools closes summer camps until further notice. For more information contact LCS at (850) 487-7100.
- All Florida K-12 schools will remain closed for the
remainder of the school year and will continue to give instruction
through distance learning
. More here.
- Leon County Schools announces its Smart Bus Initiative to provide free Wifi for students and their families. The LCS SmartBus Initiative will provide identified neighborhoods with school buses outfitted with Wi-Fi technology that enhances Internet accessibility so students engage with their teachers and classmates, safely and securely at home. More here.
- Leon County Schools: COVID-19 – Local resource from Leon County Schools that references important information and provides parents and students with important updates.
- Guidance for Administrations of Childcare and K-12 Schools – A CDC guide for administrators at both the school and district level to plan, prepare, and respond to COVID-19. This resource provides information for schools which do not have COVID-19 identified in their community and for schools with identified cases of COVID-19 in their communities.
- CDC Guidance for Childcare, Schools, & Youth Programs (Full Guidance Here)
The guidance includes information for schools, summer camps, youth sports, and childcare programs. Additionally, recorded stakeholder conference calls are available online along with resources for ongoing mitigation strategies and prevention and support.
- Interim Considerations for K-12 School Administrators for COVID-19 Testing (Full Guidance Here)
- Considerations for K-12 Schools: Readiness and Planning Tool (Toolkit Here)
- CDC Guidance for Colleges, Universities, and Higher Learning (Full Guidance Here)
The guidance includes health consideration and tools along with information to plan, prepare, and respond. Additionally, recorded stakeholder conference calls are available alone along with additional community resources, guidance for student travel, considerations for administrators, and much more.
- Interim Considerations for Institutions of Higher Education Administrators for COVID-19 Testing (Full Guidance Here)