Policy No. 01-07
Effective Date: June 20, 2001
Policy Superseded: 91-5 “Meeting Rooms - Library” Adopted July 9, 1991
It shall be the policy of the Board of County Commissioners of Leon County, Florida that Policy No. 91-5, “Meeting Rooms - Library,” adopted by the Board of County Commissioners on July 9, 1991, is hereby repealed and superseded and a new policy adopted in its place, to wit:
- The Leon County Public Library is pleased to provide use of meeting rooms for the general public. This service brings the resources of the Library and the interests and activities of the community together.
- All programs are open to the public. Meeting rooms are not to be used for personal or private financial profit, advertising or solicitation of business. No admission fee may be charged; however, a fee for resource materials, books or payment for a program speaker may be collected upon the approval of the Library Director.
- Granting permission for use of meeting rooms does not imply Library endorsement of the aims, policies or activities of any group.
- Assignment of meeting rooms will be given first to community groups, organizations and agencies.
- Any group reserving a meeting room must have an adult (18-yrs. or older), parent or legal guardian in the room at all times that the room is occupied.
- The Meeting Room Policy and Procedures will be interpreted and enforced by the Library Director.
Meeting Room Reservation