Loan Of Library Materials
Policy No. 98-12
Effective Date: April 8, 2014
The LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library provides the free lending of library materials to eligible borrowers in accordance with Chapter 257, Florida Statutes.
Procedures for Implementing Loan of Library Materials Policy
- Loan periods and the maximum number of items that can be borrowed vary by material type. They are:
Compact discs (CDs)
Other Materials (by type)
- Loan periods and maximum numbers may be revised by the Library Director, with the approval of the County Administrator, to meet changing needs for library service.
- Auto-renewal occurs if there are no holds on the item a patron has checked out. The due date will automatically be extended for another 3 weeks. Auto-renewal can occur up to two times if there are no holds.
* Books borrowed on interlibrary loan are due the date indicated by the lending library and the maximum number of interlibrary loan items may not exceed the parameters set forth in the Library’s circulation system.
* No maximum on the number of books. However, the cumulative value of the books checked out may not exceed the parameters as set forth in the Library's Circulation System.