Leon County Launches Online Library Card Registration
It’s now easier than ever to sign up for a library card from the LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library system. Citizens will now be able to sign up for a library card by filling out a short registration form online at www.LeonCountyLibrary.org.
After completing the online registration form, your personal library card number will be provided to you immediately. You will then receive a physical card in the mail.
This new system will allow for instant access to electronic resources through the Library's website and the all new Leon County Library mobile app for Apple and Android.
With a library card, users can:
- Download eBooks, audiobooks, videos and access great electronic services such as Learning Express, Universal Class, Ancestry Library Edition (in Library only) and Auto Repair Source, just to name a few.
- Reserve meeting rooms.
- Access the online calendar of events to find programming for all ages.
- Ask a reference question and receive your answer via email.
- Access movies and digital magazines.
- Search the catalog of books.
- Request and renew items.
Through the Leon County Public Library mobile app, users can now enjoy 24-hour access to all the above listed library programs and more:
- Forgot your library card? The app functions as your card!
- Connect with a librarian for assistance.
- Keep track of when items are due.
- View items with “holds.”
- Access the Library's Print Release System to print and pickup documents on the same day.
For more information, contact Brenda Rutten, Circulation Services Coordinator, at (850) 606-2676 / RutenB@LeonCountyFL.gov or Mathieu Cavell, Leon County Community and Media Relations, at (850) 606-5300 / CMR@LeonCountyFL.gov.
Link to original article