May 11, 2020
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread globally, Leon County Emergency Management is committed to actively monitoring the disease and coordinating preparedness efforts with local health officials, healthcare providers, first responders, and other critical emergency response functions.
The following update provides a timely, accurate, and vetted source of official County and community information.
- Governor DeSantis announces re-opening of barber shops, hair salons and nail salons. Starting May 11, the Governor authorized the above to re-open with enhanced safety protocols under Phase 1 via executive order here.
- FAMU COVID-19 Testing Site extends operation through May 21. The testing site at Bragg Memorial Stadium will continue in operation until at least through May 21 and may be extended longer on a weekly basis. No physician referral needed. More here.
- Patients First opens walk-up testing site at 1705 Mahan Drive. The testing site will operate Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Patients may be tested without referral and may be symptomatic or not. Testing fees may apply. Find more information on the Patients First site HERE.
- Office of Economic Vitality Launches site listing PPE manufacturers. The website connects businesses and people with local vendors and manufacturers of personal protective equipment (PPE) including face masks, hand sanitizer, sneeze guards, clear partitions, gloves and other items. More here.
- CDC Adds More Known Symptoms Associated with COVID-19. Chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste and smell, sore throat and headache are among the ailments now considered potential indicators of the disease. More here.
- COVID-19 by the Numbers. Global cases of COVID-19 now surpass 4.1 million. According to the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) there are 254 positive cases of COVID-19 in Leon County. In Florida, there are now 40,982 positive cases of COVID-19, and 1,735 COVID-19-related deaths. These numbers are updated regularly by FDOH; visit the dashboard for more detailed information, here.
Click below to access more COVID-19 information:
As you may have noticed, we are no longer including the entire community update in this message. Instead, we have organized all of the information from previous community updates in a COVID-19 Information Portal. Below you will find the content available on the portal.
Continue to follow www.LeonCountyFL.gov/eip for any local updates or changes to services.
Link to original article