Hundreds Register for County Sustainability Summit— Have You?
||Sustainable Community Summit
||Tuesday April 6 - Saturday April 10
||From the comfort of your home, register: GrowingGreen.org/Summit
Leon County Government’s 2021 Sustainable Community Summit: Sustainability in Action invites the community to engage in conversation and education through a slate of virtual events. Registration remains open for virtual events, though all socially distanced in-person workshops are full. The program builds on the commitment Leon County has shown to advancing sustainability through community partnerships and engagement over the past 12 years of biannual community summits.
This year’s program, led by local experts such as Dr. Lee Bushong, Mark Tancig and Miaisha Mitchell, will cover a diverse range of topics that teach individuals how to be more sustainable and resilient. Individuals can register to participate and attend this year’s events online at: GrowingGreen.org/Summit
The full line-up of virtual events is as follows:
- Saving Energy and Money at Home, April 6; 12-1 p.m.
- Beekeeping 101, April 6; 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Change Makers Panel: Integrating Sustainability into Your Work, April 7; 12-1 p.m.
- Composting 101, April 7; 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Get Involved Panel: Community Members Driving Sustainable Action, April 8; 12-1 p.m.
- Live Cooking Class, April 8; 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Creating Your Own Sustainability Plan, April 9, 12-1 p.m.
- Sustainability Trivia Night, April 9, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Attendees at this year’s event will have the opportunity to provide feedback which will set the path for the County’s future sustainability initiatives, as well as learn more about current initiatives and the opportunity to win prizes.
For more information, please contact Tessa Schreiner, Leon County Office of Sustainability, at (850) 606-5000 / SchreinerT@LeonCountyFL.gov or Mathieu Cavell, Leon County Community and Media Relations, at (850) 606-5300 / CMR@LeonCountyFL.gov