FAC Recognizes Leon County Commissioners
for Commitment to Public Service and Leadership
The Florida Association of Counties (FAC) recognized Leon County Commissioners for their commitment to public service and leadership during the 2019 FAC Annual Conference in Orange County, Florida.
At the conference, Leon County Commissioner Nick Maddox ascended to President of FAC and will oversee the association in directing policy, advocacy, and the administration of the Florida Association of Counties.
In addition, Leon County Commissioners were recognized by FAC for the following achievements:
- Presidential Advocacy Award – given annually to those county commissioners from around the state who have shown exceptional leadership in partnering with FAC to advance the legislative agenda of counties.
- Commissioner Bryan Desloge
- Commissioner Mary Ann Lindley
- Commissioner Jimbo Jackson
- Commissioner Bill Proctor
- Commissioner Nick Maddox
- Torchbearer Recognition - Torchbearers are ACC alumni who continue to be engaged in FAC activities and education programs. The Torchbearer program recognizes those ACC Alumni for their ongoing commitment to FAC and continued learning.
- Commissioner Kristin Dozier, 1 year
“As commissioners, we are empowered to stand up for our community, to be the voice for those who can’t speak, and to fight for our right to decide our own future,” said FAC Immediate Past President and Hendry County Commissioner, Karson Turner. “Those receiving these awards displayed a commitment not only to the counties’ legislative agenda but also to our state and most importantly the communities that placed them in their seat to represent them on the local’s behalf.”
For more than 85 years, the Florida Association of Counties has represented the diverse interests of Florida’s counties, emphasizing the importance of protecting home rule – the concept that government closest to the people governs best. The Florida Association of Counties helps counties effectively serve and represent Floridians by strengthening and preserving county home rule through advocacy, education and collaboration.
For more information, contact Mathieu Cavell, Leon County Community and Media Relations, at (850) 606-5300 / CMR@LeonCountyFL.gov.
Link to original article