Rhodes Cemetery Road Improvements
- Project Location Overview:
- Rhodes Cemetery Road has a history of flooding on the west end of the road near the intersection with Woodville Highway. This road serves as the only entry and exit point for residents that live along the road and residents in the Wilkinson Woods Neighborhood.
- Currently, the Rhodes Cemetery Road slopes down toward east from Woodville Highway and reaches a low point approximately 300 feet east of the intersection.
- During big storm events, the Rhodes Cemetery Road near the low point was overtopped which rendered a safety and accessibility problem.
EXISTING FLOODING PHOTOS:
Aerial Photo of Rhodes Cemetery Road, flooded on Oct. 3, 1994
- In order to enhance the safety and accessibility, Rhodes Cemetery Road will be raised by 1.8 feet at this location from the low elevation of 21.8 NGVD29 to an average elevation of 23.6 NGVD29.
- Traffic control measures will be set up to provide one-lane traffic during construction hours, and both lanes will be open back to two way traffic at the end of each day.
- Open House – Project Design Update
Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Time: 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Place: Woodville Community Center
8000 Old Woodville Highway
Tallahassee, FL 32305
George Su, P.E., Senior Design Engineer
Leon County Department of Public Works
2280 Miccosukee Road,
Tallahassee, FL 32308